Is it hard for you to trust others? Learn to trust other people by differentiating types of trust violations and giving people the benefit of the doubt in this video.
- An inability to trust others…can be exhausting and career limiting.…Let's discuss ways you can overcome mistrust of other.…Our aim is to trust those who deserve our trust.…When you feel the first hints of doubt about someone,…get specific about what's troubling you.…What exactly is it about this person…that makes you question her trustworthiness?…Did she miss a deadline in the past?…Did she avoid eye contact with you during a conversation?…I just have a bad feeling about her,…is not reason enough to doubt someone…if you're working at being more trusting.…
Once you've specified your concerns,…challenge your negative perceptions about that behavior.…If someone didn't look you in the eye,…don't assume that person is lying.…Instead, think of all the reasons people avoid contact.…They're shy.…It's disrespectful in their culture.…They have allergies and their eyes itched.…Let's practice challenging your negative perceptions.…Imagine sitting at your desk one morning,…as your boss makes her way through the office,…stopping to chat with everyone.…
- List the two criteria people use to evaluate trustworthiness.
- Recognize the impact of unintentional bias on trust.
- Identify the five predictors of trust.
- Choose a tactful way to share accomplishments that builds perception of competence.
- Contrast ways a shared-space team and a virtual team build trust differently.
- Break down the components of a trust-rebuilding apology.