Learning isn't studying, it's not a linear process that can be confined to one moment in time. If you want to create an innovative team, you need to get used to learning as you go, by doing and practicing. Innovation is a practical application, which requires teams to take action and develop from the feedback they receive. Some things to consider include, focusing on the process and not the end goal, preparing for change and the unknown, reflecting regularly, making feedback an everyday occurrence, and breaking down the barriers so everyone feels comfortable communicating.
- Studying is just about absorbing information.…Being an effective learner, on the other hand,…is about applying what you learn,…and it's the practical application part that's critical…when looking to enhance innovative capabilities.…When it comes to the world of innovation,…learning as you go is a natural part of the process.…Learning can't be confined to one moment in time.…When you're creating something,…there's constant development.…You're always gathering feedback…and enhancing the thing that you're working on.…
As a member of an innovative team,…you need to get used to learning as you go,…putting something out there, getting feedback,…making tweaks, and learning from the process.…As a team, it's critical you create your own feedback loop,…in a way that makes sense for your specific team.…This entails taking action, testing this,…and gathering feedback,…and then using what you've learned to take further action.…It's all about learning by practicing,…and learning as you go.…
In order to get good at innovating,…
- Recognize how team innovation impacts a company’s success.
- Define the psychological components of team innovation, including the challengers, executors, and enablers.
- Determine the component strengths of team innovation.
- Examine the best ways to accept bias.
- Explore the effect of experimentation on innovation.
- Recognize the impact of reflection on innovation.
- Identify the fundamentals of creating a space for an innovation team to thrive.
- Determine the best ways to create an innovation charter.
- Break down the importance learning on the move, which helps helps a successful team innovate to grow.