- Name three ways that you can add value to a meeting.
- Recognize the benefits of including emotional impact in your stories.
- Explain how developing a mindset can increase efficiency and productivity.
- Identify an easy way to reinforce expectations.
- Determine when it is necessary team to tell your boss about a mistake made by a peer.
- Recall the most important benefit of punctuality.
Skill Level Beginner
- What does it mean to be a leader? A specific title? A handful of direct reports? Many years of experience? Sometimes, but not always. Organizations rely on all types of leaders, many of whom don't have formal leadership authority. Hi, I'm Lisa McLeod. - And I'm Elizabeth Lotardo. We work with leaders, both formal and informal, all over the world. And in this course, we're going to be talking about leading without authority. - How do you lead when you're not the official boss? - There's a number of techniques you can use. Some of them are obvious, and some of them not so much. We'll talk about mentoring, mindful listening, positioning yourself and leading in tough situations. We'll also cover how to leverage your role and become a need-to-know person inside of your organization. - Join us on LinkedIn Learning and see how to lead without formal authority.