Lead with intention using the leadership tips, tactics, and advice in this audio-only course.
- This is an audio course. No need to watch, just listen. Welcome to the latest edition to LinkedIn Learning, podcasts. We've curated some of the best business podcasts and made them even easier to listen to. Each episode is split into sections. Use the links in the contents area to skip to whichever section you like. We're always looking for new ways to help you learn and we appreciate your feedback. Thanks for listening. - Leadership is amazing. It's both an opportunity and a responsibility to help others be successful. You have the chance to set direction, guide your team and make a lasting impact on your entire organization. I'm Elizabeth Lotardo. - And I'm Lisa McLeod. - We run a consulting firm and advise leaders all over the world. - This is a subject near and dear to my heart because I remember the first time I became a leader. I was in my late 20s, I'd been passed over twice for a promotion and on the third try, I finally got it. I got the company-issue briefcase. I was finally a leader. (laughs) And so I called up my dad and I said, "I got it, I got it." And my dad said to me, "Congratulations. "You've just become the second most important person "in the life of your employees." I said, "What are you talking about?" And he said, "Next to your spouse, "your boss has the opportunity to make your life wonderful "or make your life horrible." - No pressure. - Yeah, I was so scared I wanted to give back the briefcase. - But it's true. We all remember our bosses, our spouse's boss, our parent's boss, our friend's boss. Being the boss does come with a lot of weight. - It does. But two of the hallmarks of good leaders are being mindful and being intentional, because then, even if you're not perfect, being mindful says you're present and being intentional says you're trying. - Coming up, we're going to be talking about how to develop a leadership mindset, navigate some crucial leadership moments with your team and overcome a few common leadership challenges. - So, let's go.
- Aligning your team and setting goals
- Holding high-impact one-on-ones
- Delivering feedback
- Navigating team conflict and change
- Recruiting talent
- Leading through disruption