Note: This course was featured in Market Watch, Inc., Fortune, Forbes, and Entrepreneur.
- The challenges of virtual meetings
- Choosing the right platform to meet virtually
- Setting clear behavioral expectations
- Innovating in a virtual meeting
- Pre-determining a desired outcome
- Creating a great meeting agenda
- Facilitating virtual meetings
- Encouraging participation
- Keeping on track in the moment
- Ending a meeting with an action plan
Skill Level Intermediate
- Few things in our professional life have a worse reputation than meetings. And the reputation of virtual meetings might even be worse. I mean, after all, there are YouTube parody videos that we can all relate to, but it doesn't have to be that way. Virtual meeting are a fact of life for remote teams, and they can be successful and productive if we know what to do. Because they are so important to communication, decision-making, problem solving, and more, if you can run better virtual meetings and participate more effectively in them, you will get better results and stand out from others too. Hi, I'm Kevin Eikenberry, and I've been leading virtual meetings with my team and helping clients make them better for years. As the author of the LinkedIn learning course on Leading at a Distance, and the co-author of the book, "The Long Distance Leader," I can show you the way with practical and simple tips that will make a big difference for your virtual meetings. One of my mentors taught me that little hinges swing bid doors. When you join me and participate in this course, you will learn the most important changes you can make to the virtual meetings that you lead and attend, that will open more doors more easily and successfully.