- Creating a shared understanding of why inclusion matters
- Establishing trust
- Using inclusive language
- Providing feedback in diverse teams
- Discovering implicit associations
- Delegating work and opportunities equitably
- How unconscious bias creeps into the hiring process
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- High-performing teams are inclusive, and by creating and cultivating a culture of inclusion, you can bring out the best in your employees, individually and collectively as a team. We know workplace diversity pays dividends in terms of successful business outcomes, but those rewards don't come without some challenges. Diversity doesn't last without inclusion. If your employees don't feel like they have a place on the team or don't feel comfortable sharing their ideas, you won't maximize your team's potential.
Hi, I'm Dr. Daisy Lovelace. In this LinkedIn Learning course, I share best practices for establishing an inclusive team dynamic, communicating effectively, and leading diverse teams. I'll give you examples from research conducted in multiple industries and share stories from my experience working with organizations on this topic since 2006. Join me, and in less than an hour, you'll have a new set of tools and techniques you can employ to effectively lead an inclusive team.