- Explore ways to translate work objectives into plans in government.
- Determine the best ways to hire staff that will help the team strive for excellence.
- Examine the essential components for leading through coaching and feedback.
- Identifying the importance of listening skills in effective communication.
- Determine ways to create innovative solutions in government.
- Examine how to find the most effective avenues to continually improve customer service.
- Explore the major components involved in effectively and efficiently serving the public.
Skill Level Beginner
- Leading in government is not an oxymoron. It's a call to public service that makes a tremendous impact in the lives of the people in a community. Leading in the public arena is about looking at how you can creatively use what you have, connect with others, and bring in new ideas to make a positive difference. In this course, you're going to get the opportunity to learn using real-life examples on how to proactively, operationally, and successfully lead in government. And you'll be able to anticipate how to delight the public we serve, the team you lead, your partners, and senior leadership.
The majority of these skills are also useful in private industry. Hi, I'm Adelle Dantzler, leadership facilitator, training expert, and federal human resource specialist. Join me on LinkedIn Learning as we learn how to be more innovative, effective, and energized while leading in government.