- Connecting vision to mission in government
- Translating work objectives into plans
- Budgeting for public leaders
- Developing and motivating employees
- Boosting your listening skills
- Presentation skills for government leaders
- Leading through trends and change
- Making timely and thoughtful decisions
Skill Level Beginner
- Leading in government is not an oxymoron. It's a call to public service that makes a tremendous impact in the lives of the people in a community. Leading in the public arena is about looking at how you can creatively use what you have, connect with others, and bring in new ideas to make a positive difference. In this course, you're going to get the opportunity to learn using real-life examples on how to proactively, operationally, and successfully lead in government. And you'll be able to anticipate how to delight the public we serve, the team you lead, your partners, and senior leadership.
The majority of these skills are also useful in private industry. Hi, I'm Adelle Dantzler, leadership facilitator, training expert, and federal human resource specialist. Join me on LinkedIn Learning as we learn how to be more innovative, effective, and energized while leading in government.