This course was created by genconnectU. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Qualities of a great captain
- Hiring your team
- Keeping a winning mindset
- Managing meetings
- Identifying problems and solutions
- Providing meaningful training
- Navigating the client
- Finding balance and grounding
- Giving back
Skill Level Beginner
- I'm Captain Sandy, and some of you may know me from Bravo's "Below Deck Mediterranean." I didn't start out as a super yacht captain. Actually I started out on that merry-go-round that a lot of us find ourselves on, and at the age of 25, I decided to turn it around. I actually answered an ad in the paper. I worked for a captain who was not such a great captain who actually inspired me. I thought to myself if that's all it takes, I have the ambition, and that's really all it took was an ambition, an open-mindedness, and the drive to learn, and so I pursued that which landed me on Bravo's "Below Deck Mediterranean." Now I was so ambitious that I went to maritime school. I learned, I garnered all that information that I could garner because I wanted to be the top in the industry. I knew that I was going to be faced with resistance because I was a woman, and I was from the very beginning. Then I found someone to believe in me. Once that gentleman believed in me, he gave me the opportunity to learn how to drive his boat. He taught me how to dock it. He taught me navigational skills, which I also learned in a maritime school, but one of the things that you don't learn in a school or a book is how to deal with personalities in the work place, and that's where I as a person was able to take my learning through my life on that merry-go-round and know what I didn't want and what I did want, and I implemented it into my leadership skills. So in this course you will learn how to navigate life personally, how to navigate your business, and how to become a good leader, an amazing leader, not just a good leader, but a leader that leads, a leader that leads with passion, a leader that creates a team that will do anything for their leader to get the job done, and I promise you, that's how you will feel by the end of this series.