Learn the philosophy that says leadership is learnable. Many leadership experts, such as John Maxwell, believe that leaders develop their capacity and competency for greater responsibility over time. Learn where your skill level is currently and how you can grow.
- Author John Maxwell once wrote, … "Leadership is not an exclusive club … "for those who are born with it. … "Leadership can be acquired." … Do you believe we can learn to be better leaders? … That you can personally strengthen your skills over time? … Let's dive into a major priority … for many organizations called leadership development. … We look at it's underlying beliefs … and some of it's key themes. … At it's core, leadership development is a school … of thought that rests upon two major beliefs. … First, most organizations desperately … need more good leaders. … Many organizations see the war for talent, … or struggle to find good leaders, … as the key way to gain a competitive advantage. … This is because research shows the primary ingredient that … influences our performance is a leader directly above us. … Second, is the belief that leadership is learnable. … That's why organizations collectively spend billions … on training, coaching, and mentoring. … They want to transform their strong individual contributors …
- Summarize the advantages of an autocratic leadership style.
- Recognize the disadvantages of a democratic leadership style.
- Identify the characteristics of a servant leader.
- Determine when the inclusive leadership style should be implemented.
- List the five characteristics of authentic leaders.