Turn your newfound awareness into action with these small, science-backed compassionate directness microsteps.
- So you know, when you think about,…what are the take aways here,…you know if I'm an employee looking to advance my career,…I want to start building the muscle…of how do I not only learn how to receive feedback…in a way that, you know, I don't perceive as negative…or perceive it as information that allows me…to progress and succeed.…And I also want to start learning the skill of…how do I be compassionately direct…in the communication I deliver?…One day I might be a manager,…I might be senior manager, I might be CEO,…and can I lead compassionately direct?…And so that's one part of this.…
The other part, though, is as managers, as leaders.…You're responsible for the culture.…You're the one who's building the culture that you're in…and that you want to, you know, impact going forward.…You're the one that's leaving the footprint.…What we know about this is that this is not…a soft skill, it's a hard skill.…It's one that will have direct impact…on the engagement of your employees,…the satisfaction of your employees,…
- Recognize the benefit of employees working within a culture of compassionate directness.
- Identify the drawbacks of a culture of directness compared to a culture of compassionate directness.
- Identify the qualities of mindful communication.
- List the components that make up trust in a business environment.
- Recall the positive end result for business operations when a company builds a culture of compassionate directness.