In this video, learn about the capabilities agile coaches need. This is important so you can grow your skills for success.
- As you strive to either hire a coach for your organization … or become one yourself, … there are key skills and experiences to have. … While this isn't a complete checklist, … It's a basic guide to help you attain … or look for the minimum knowledge … and practices needed for success. … First and foremost, the coach needs … to have deep practical experience with agile. … While it would be great to say there's a minimum number … of years necessary to become a coach, … it really isn't that simple. … In my journey to coaching, for example, … I began coaching other scrum masters when I was one myself. … I just happened to have been the first scrum master … in the organization, and by default, … it felt me to help others. … My experience, obviously wasn't very deep at the time … and I cringe a little … to think of my early forays into coaching. … Those experiences though helped me to become a better coach … by widening my level of experience with teams. … Another key skill for a coach to have …
- What is agile coaching?
- Comparing the skills of the scrum master and the agile coach
- Agile coach as teacher and mentor
- Detecting and resolving issues
- Mediating conflicts
- Identifying the coaching skills and mindset