Creating interactive key performance indicators (KPIs) for email marketing campaigns is a great way to get a handle on marketing performance. Learn about using Tableau to quickly analyze KPIs.
- [Narrator] Email marketing campaigns … generate a ton of data. … In this video, we're going to study … a sample email marketing data source. … We're going to connect that data source … to Tableau, and then analyze the three main KPIs, … which are total emails sent, open rate, … and click-through rate. … Right now, we're looking at a fresh Tableau workbook. … We aren't connected to any data source. … So the first step is for us to pull in some data. … If you click Connect to Data here, … you'll have the option to choose … which types of files you want to connect to. … In this example, the raw data source is an Excel file. … So click Microsoft Excel, and here we are, … the Sample Email Data. … Click Open. … Now we are at the data connection screen. … And there's only one tab that's really relevant … for this use case, and we are going to pull in … email_campaigns_report. … So once we've connected to that data source, … it allows you to preview all the data points. … Which, everything looks pretty good. …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Differentiate between internal and external data sources.
- Describe the three types of data analytics.
- Classify the three main categories of marketing data.
- Give an example of each of the three types of marketing goals.
- Recognize the strengths of different visualization tools.
- Identify a benefit of having a solid reporting infrastructure.