SharePoint is not a single application, nor is it even a single tool in Office 365. Two features of SharePoint are used in this course: SharePoint Sites and file storage. This video introduces what you need to know to use these features, without giving a detailed explanation of the entire SharePoint platform.
- [Instructor] In this movie I want to introduce SharePoint.…SharePoint is really big,…so it's nearly impossible to give a brief introduction.…But we can simplify it by focusing on a few core features,…specifically file storage features.…You will see a SharePoint tile on the Office 365 website,…but it's not like that tile takes you to one place…where you can enjoy all of the features of SharePoint.…SharePoint is not one application or a tool,…it's a platform.…It's a collection of tools and services…that users interact with in many different ways,…many of which integrate with other Office 365 tools.…
But like I said, we will simplify it…by focusing on file storage.…But before we talk about storing files…we need to look a little bit at SharePoint Sites.…So I will click on this tool.…And this is not how most people interact with SharePoint,…but it is a good place to introduce SharePoint Sites.…So here I can see the different sites…in my company's SharePoint environment.…SharePoint is great at making websites…for lots of different purposes.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. This course is intended for end users of Office 365 Business or Enterprise, not Office 365 Home or Student users.
- Understanding the types of Office 365 accounts
- Managing collaborative conversations with Teams
- Working in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Touring the interface in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working with formatting tools
- Co-authoring documents from OneDrive or SharePoint
- Sharing files and co-authoring in Skype for Business