This video introduces Office 365 Groups, which is not an application, nor is it a feature in one application. Office 365 Groups is a feature that weaves through Office 365, appearing in several applications, and they give you one of the most primary tools for collaborating with others in Office 365.
- [Instructor] Office 365 Groups are a pretty big feature…that we need to get familiar with up front,…mostly because Groups is not an application,…nor is it a feature in one application.…Basically, it's a feature that allows you…to establish a group of people…that you can collaborate with in Office 365.…You can send email to a group,…share files with a group,…and communicate specifically with groups…in different Office tools.…The logical place to start with Groups…would be an Outlook web mail or address book.…
Some people may even operate under the belief…that Groups is simply a feature in Outlook on the web.…Clearly, it's more than that,…but Outlook is a good place to start.…So let's go into the mail tile to go to Outlook on the web.…So here in my Outlook web mail,…I can see there's a section on the sidebar labeled Groups.…In that section, I have a few groups that I created…before starting this course.…I can select a group to see some information about it.…I can see some messages that were posted here…over here on the far right where it says four members.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. This course is intended for end users of Office 365 Business or Enterprise, not Office 365 Home or Student users.
- Understanding the types of Office 365 accounts
- Managing collaborative conversations with Teams
- Working in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Touring the interface in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working with formatting tools
- Co-authoring documents from OneDrive or SharePoint
- Sharing files and co-authoring in Skype for Business