- [Instructor] Welcome to a new world. … In September 2018, … the Microsoft Excel developers … started to roll out this new version of Excel. … It's got seven new functions and a new calculation engine. … So sit back, watch, listen, … pay attention to the magic. … There is no exercise file. … I'm going to give you an overview of what's new … with these functions and the new calculation engine. … We're starting with first and last names. … The last names in column C, … rows two through 14, are all caps, … and then, the corresponding first names, … they're a mix of all caps, proper, and lowercase. … We've got to fix those. … We also want to put the names together, … so let's get started doing some of this work … and showing you some of this beauty. … The first thing I want to do is put our data in a table. … Here we go. … Cursor is in the data range, Format as Table. … Grab this nice purple, … OK, it does have headers. … First Name, I want to use PROPER to fix these names. … Equals PROPER. …
AuthorOz du Soleil
- Working with spills
- Using the UNIQUE function
- Sorting with dynamic arrays
- Comparing SORTBY and SORT
- Unstacking records with SEQUENCE
- Creating intelligent filters
- Randomizing data with RANDARRAY
- Combining dynamic arrays in drop lists and more
Skill Level Advanced
1. What to Know Before Using the New Functions
Warnings to heed6m 19s
Horizontal SORT3m 33s
9. Putting It All Together
10. Challenges and Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.