Join Scott Shute for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing the practices, part of Mindful Meditations for Work and Life.
- [Instructor] There are lots of different types … of meditations out there. … I'm going to share a number of them with you … that I've found particularly helpful. … But I'd encourage you to have an open mind. … Try each one of them. … Perhaps try each one several times … to see what works for you. … And if you've done some of these before, … I'll invite you to approach each one … with a beginner's mind. … Is there something new to learn or experience? … Having a deep curiosity about our practice … is one of the keys to our success. … Each meditation is broken up into different sections. … In the preparation section I'll explain briefly when, … but also how to use this particular method. … And in the practice, I'll lead you through … the meditation itself. … So, let's get started. … …
- Adapting your posture and body language
- Breathing exercises
- Arrival practice
- Body scanning
- Loving kindness
- Sound-based exercise
- Keeping your meditation practice going
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Laying the Groundwork for Success with Meditation
2. Three Breaths
Three breaths practice1m 55s
Arrival practice4m 38s
4. Counting Breaths
5. Deep Breathing
7. Body Scan
Body scan practice14m 26s
9. Sound-Based Exercise: Singing Hu
10. Making It Stick
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.