- Explain the purpose and drivers for change with the PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition.
- Determine the approaches the new standards address.
- Describe what a project management principle is.
- Differentiate between the new sections of the PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition.
- Interpret which section of the PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition is focused on adaptability.
Skill Level Beginner
- More than ever the way we deliver projects is changing. And it's changing fast. Whether you deliver technology projects, infrastructure projects, large or small projects, the emphasis is more on delivering value and benefits than ever before. The Project Management Institute's Project Management Body of Knowledge, also known as the PMBOK Guide, is changing. And not just the way it changes every three to four years. We're talking big changes. In fact, this edition has the biggest change since the PMBOK Guide was first published in 1996. My name is Cyndi Snyder Dionisio, and I have a bit of a passion for project management and the PMBOK Guide. I've been the lead for the fourth, sixth, and seventh editions of the PMBOK Guide. I've also published over a dozen books on project management, and trained thousands of project managers. I'm thrilled to share with you the changes to the PMBOK Guide seventh edition. We'll cover why the Guide is changing, map the sixth edition to the seventh edition, and explore those new sections. It's pretty exciting stuff, at least for those of us who are PM fanatics. So come along with me and I'll introduce you to the new PMBOK Guide.