In this video, review interviewing techniques.
- Interviewing candidates is one of those areas…that most HR pros feel like they're intuitively good at.…The idea of giving the gift of a new job…makes us feel like Santa Claus,…so we're delighted to be intimately involved…at this stage of talent acquisition.…Like so many other HR activities,…interviews should be handled strategically.…It's important to review the job analysis first.…Then, structure the interview based on what kind…of interview is most likely to uncover the knowledge,…skills, and abilities needed for a candidate…to be successful in the role.…
See the exercise file, interview types and questions,…for a detailed description of the types…of interviews you might conduct.…Now, let's take a look at Jan and Steve…as they prepare to interview Candice…for an account executive position…at a telecommunications company.…- I mean, I hope the traffic wasn't too bad coming…into the office today.…- No, it wasn't bad at all.…It took me no time at all.…- Oh, good, that's great. - That's great, really good.…- Well, thank you for coming back.…
- Modeling ethical standards
- Managing legal risks
- Finding and interviewing candidates
- Designing training and measuring its effectiveness
- Designing total rewards
- Promoting diversity and inclusion
- Employee engagement strategies
- Managing complaints and grievances
- Implementing workplace programs
Skill Level Advanced
Introduction to the PHR Certification Examwith Joanne Simon-Walters58m 16s Intermediate
1. Exam Topics: Business Management
2. Exam Topics: Talent Planning and Acquisition
3. Exam Topics: Learning and Development
4. Exam Topics: Total Rewards
5. Exam Topics: Employee and Labor Relations
6. Study Plan
Conclusion and Farewell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.