Learn a systematic process for conducting your next major negotiation—whether it be negotiating a contract, additional resources for a project, or the purchase of a company.
- Think about the last time you were involved in a negotiation. Were you happy with the outcome? Did you get what you wanted? If you're like most people, the answer is probably no. Negotiation can be challenging, but with the right set of tools and techniques, you can become a much more effective negotiator, and that's what this course is all about. I'm Mike Figliuolo, and not only do I teach negotiating skills but I negotiate on a regular basis. I use these same tools and techniques in my most important deals. In this course, I'll show you how to assess your situation, choose an appropriate negotiating style, select from a variety of negotiating techniques, modify your approach, and ultimately close the deal on favorable terms. Negotiation isn't all about winning and losing. It's about making deals that maintain relationships and drive the outcomes that are most important to you.
- Explore methods for defining all of your negotiation options.
- Recall how to make concessions when appropriate.
- Select the best negotiation style and strategy.
- Determine the most favorable deal structure.
- Support your anchor position.
- Recognize how to sequence your deals.
- Track negotiation points over time.
- Identify the most common negotiation pitfalls.