In this video, Dan helps the viewer better understand the value and risk associated with IP.
- When people hear the word property,…it's easy to picture things like houses,…furniture, and cars.…When it's business property,…that will be extended to computers,…desks, manuals, and office artwork.…In my experience, the most valuable property…a business owns can't be seen.…That property is stored inside the brains…of the management and employees of that organization.…It's called intellectual property.…
Moving forward in the 21st century,…this intangible property will continue to become…more valuable and easier to steal.…There was a news story published recently…where a former Apple employee was charged…in Federal Court with stealing…trade secrets from the company.…The charges alleged that a hardware engineer for Apple…planned to take some of the company's secrets with him…when he took a job with another company.…While this action at first blush sounds common,…the implications and consequences…are more severe than ever to a company.…
Take a look at your own company.…What have you dreamed up?…What concepts and strategies originated from your company?…
- Recall the detrimental effects a BOT attack can have on a company’s customer database.
- Recognize which individuals companies frequently fail to include in mid-crisis actions.
- Determine how Google Alerts can help a company protect itself against threats.
- Identify a threat that is least likely to cause a company financial harm.
- Define “culture shock” in the context of business operations.
- Name a type of leader that often uses their position for personal prestige rather than performing their roles.
- Predict what will happen with business insurance as technology evolves.