Sales is a balance of hard and soft skills. Spend too much time focused on product knowledge and you’ll lose a customer. But spend too much time on empathy and relationship building and you'll never close the deal. Get insight into how to seamlessly integrate both sets of sales skills.
- Sales is a balance of the technical, more concrete skills…and the softer, more relationship oriented skills.…Spend too much time focused on product knowledge…and sales process, and you'll lose a customer.…But spend too much time on empathy…and building relationship,…and you will never close the deal.…Understanding the soft skills is a great first step,…but to be effective, you need to know…how to integrate them into your sales process.…So how do you know when to use the hard skills…and when to implement the soft ones?…Well, sales would be so easy if there was a solid rule,…a nonnegotiable about that, but unfortunately, there's not.…
If anything, it's honestly more of a gut feel,…something as a seasoned sales professional you just know.…But to make things a little easier,…there are some guidelines you can follow.…Know the difference.…Before you can know which soft skills to use…and which hard skills to implement,…you need to be clear on the difference.…Make a list of each and then define what they mean…and the value that they have.…
- What are soft skills?
- Why soft skills matter in sales
- Connecting with your customer
- Developing your emotional intelligence for sales
- Collaborating effectively with your team
- Being confident in your sales decisions
- Building your empathy muscle in sales
- Integrating soft sales skills with hard sales skills
- Leveraging storytelling in sales