Join Scott Shute for an in-depth discussion in this video Integrated practices, part of Mindful Meditations for Work and Life.
- [Narrator] We've been talking about … the dedicated practices of meditation … where you sit down and intentionally meditate. … But there's also a set of practices … I call the integrated practices … and these are the things that we can do at work … or during our day … that also help us get more of what we want. … For example if you just need a break in between meetings, … you could just take a few breaths. … You can even do it while you're walking … from one meeting to the next. … Or as you're preparing for your next meeting, … just take a minute to breathe in deeply and out deeply … once or several times. … It'll help again activate that parasympathetic system … and get you ready for whatever is coming. … If you have a team, … you could try starting a team meeting … with a moment of silence. … And depending on the willingness of the team, … you could call it that, … you could call it a little meditation … or it could just be an arrival. … So for instance if you had people … that maybe meditation is not their thing, …
- Adapting your posture and body language
- Breathing exercises
- Arrival practice
- Body scanning
- Loving kindness
- Sound-based exercise
- Keeping your meditation practice going
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Laying the Groundwork for Success with Meditation
2. Three Breaths
Three breaths practice1m 55s
Arrival practice4m 38s
4. Counting Breaths
5. Deep Breathing
7. Body Scan
Body scan practice14m 26s
9. Sound-Based Exercise: Singing Hu
10. Making It Stick
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.