Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Influence without authority, part of Executive Leadership.
- Getting great results can kill your career. … Really? … It's not only true, it's more common than you might think. … Driving for results often gets people noticed … and promoted up to a point. … Then, how they drive for results suddenly becomes … a make or break factor. … And by then, it's already too late. … What worked for you before can work against you after. … Peter Drucker, a towering figure in the history … of management studies and executive effectiveness … said this, "The executive who keeps on doing … "what he's done successfully before, … "is almost bound to fail." … At talent reviews in organizations, … I often hear executives eliminate promotion candidates … saying, "He gets things done … "but he's damaged relationships." … Or, "People often give into her … "but they don't follow her." … And, as one person told me … in a confidential feedback interview … about an executive I was asked to coach … who routinely pulled rank on others, … "I don't care if he fails. … "If someone treats you badly, …
- The four disciplines of executive leadership
- Thinking strategically
- Creating shared purpose
- Inspiring confidence—even under pressure
- Motivating and communicating
- Establishing priorities and focus
- Leading change
- Developing yourself
Skill Level Advanced
1. Set a Direction
2. Motivate Commitment
3. Drive for Results
4. Develop Yourself
Leadership with legacy3m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.