This video provides an abbreviated walkthrough of someone trying to get the result of increasing their sales numbers, using the result hour worksheet to identify what's missing and take action.
- In the downloadable files for this course,…you'll see a document with two examples…of people who have completed the result formula.…Let's walk through the first example…of a sales executive who's trying to make more sales.…Let's imagine that this individual…is sitting down during their planned result hour.…They'll pull up a worksheet and begin…to define the result in the first column.…You'll see that the result they want…is to make more sales each month.…They'll only want to accomplish one thing,…so this is focused.…
To make the result more specific,…this person said they'll increase sales by 20%,…a clear measurable number, and they'll accomplish…it within six months.…Now, we're going to dive deep by looking…at systems, accountability, and motivation.…Under Systems, you'll notice that they've answered…several questions as yes, meaning they already…have those things in place.…But there are three potential areas for improvement.…First, they could use more training…on how to close deals.…
Second, the system that they're using…
- Recall the three elements that comprise the Result Hour equation.
- Identify three examples of a system and explain how they could help someone achieve results.
- Explain why having someone hold you accountable helps you stay focused on results.
- Compare visions and actions and how they relate to each other.
- Recognize why it's important that your direct reports also understand the S+A+M = Result formula.