One way to make your supply chain more agile is by increasing visibility. The better visibility you have to what is happening throughout your supply chain, the faster you can respond, the more options you have to choose from, and the less it will cost you. Visibility often requires investment and changes to established processes. It can be hard to justify the investment until after an incident occurs where the visibility would have made a difference.
- Supply chain management involves three steps.…Planning, execution, and visibility.…Visibility might be the most valuable of the three,…because the more you know about what's really happening…in your supply chain, the better decisions you can make…about what to do next.…But visibility can also be the most challenging step.…So let's dive in and look at how to increase…the visibility in your supply chain.…We can start by looking at one of…our supply chain processes.…
Let's choose source, and say that you want visibility…to inbound orders from one of your suppliers.…In order to really know what's going on…with an inbound shipment,…you need purchase order information from your systems,…shipping schedules from your suppliers' systems,…and status updates from your carriers.…In other words, you need to integrate information…from at least three systems in order to get visibility…from that one link in your supply chain.…
There are platforms that can tie different…information systems together, and they're called…supply chain control towers.…
- Explore the fundamentals of source inputs within a supply chain.
- Examine the role of returning products in a supply chain.
- Determine how to calculate total costs.
- Explore the role of investing in flexibility when managing a supply chain.
- Discover how to increase visibility with a control tower.
- Identify the role innovation plays in supply chain management.
- Examine how artificial intelligence and machine learning help to monitor supply chain trends.
- Break down the fundamentals of selecting the right technology when implementing a supply chain agenda.
- Determine the best ways to collaborate externally when implementing a supply chain agenda.