This video explores elements of how you can easily incorporate risk management elements into your everyday project management approach, without adding lots of busy work to your day.
- Don't try this at home.…We hear this a lot on action…or experiment based TV programs.…Why?…Because the risks of harm are great.…The average person should never try…the skateboard tricks you see on TV.…Projects, while not typically physically dangerous,…should come with a warning like those TV programs.…They come with risk.…As a project manager, not a day goes by…when I don't see something that could present…a risk to my project.…
My advice to you?…Deal with risk thoroughly without it consuming…every moment of your day.…Here are a few survival tips to help you do this.…First, use risk to prioritize what you do…on a day-to-day basis.…At the start of every day, prioritize your tasks.…Seek to tackle the riskiest things first.…For example, if you think that one of your vendors…might miss a deadline, you should prioritize your time…to visit with them to understand…and examine your options if necessary.…
If you think a risk is going to impact…an implementation process,…look at that process, assess it,…and attempt to control it.…
Note: This course follows the latest guidance from Project Management Institute, Inc., as outlined the PMBOK® 6 Guide.
- Explore why dealing with risks needs to be part of the everyday process used to manage a project.
- Learn to outline the most common, pragmatic approaches to identifying risks specific to a project.
- Recall methods for qualifying and quantifying your risks to determine specific risks and manage their costs.
- Examine the primary considerations for a project risk plan and what components should be included in every plan.
- Assess techniques that help you identify the overall risk a project presents to your business.
- Examine several risk analysis and filtering examples that help ensure you've addressed individual risks properly on your project.