Learn the principles of inclusive leadership. This approach prioritizes creating a team of individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and ideas who can meet the needs of diverse marketplaces and customers. Learn how inclusive leadership can help you build a better team.
- I recently took part in a tricky, rebranding process … at a non-profit organization. … Many of it's members were attached to the old image, … so the leaders included everybody … in a year-long change process. … They asked a diverse team to provide input … on a new logo, tagline and color scheme. … They did surveys, hosted conversations, … when we finally made the big reveal, … we held our breath as we waited for reactions. … The team was practicing inclusive leadership. … To explore this approach, … we'll explain what inclusive leadership it is, … why it's gained popularity, … what it looks like day to day, … and when it works best. … In a professional setting, … the essence of inclusive leadership is the commitment … to include a wide variety of voices in big decisions. … These leaders believe … if they manage the participation process well, … good outcomes will follow. … Inclusive leaders don't simply push their view. … They want to listen to all relevant stakeholders … like clients, employees, managers, investors and experts. …
- Summarize the advantages of an autocratic leadership style.
- Recognize the disadvantages of a democratic leadership style.
- Identify the characteristics of a servant leader.
- Determine when the inclusive leadership style should be implemented.
- List the five characteristics of authentic leaders.