The wide diversity present in teams today demand environments of inclusion. In this video, learn how to study the dynamics of your team to generate results.
- For years the workplace focus on diversity often … consisted of forcing employees … to sit through mandatory trainings … that were not well designed nor facilitated. … While the intention was positive, … the effects were often less so, … sometimes causing more tension and misunderstandings. … The goal today is inclusion where people feel like … they can bring their whole selves to work. … As Verna Myers states, … "Diversity is being invited to the party. … "Inclusion is being asked to dance." … While workplaces are certainly more diverse than … they were even a couple of decades ago, … we still have a long way to go. … In a study published in Harvard Business Review, … researchers discovered that nearly 2/3 … of employees feel pressure to cover some facet of … their identity at work. … In their assessment, hiding or covering up … was particularly true of these groups, … LGBTQ workers at 83%, African Americans at 79%, … 66% of women, 63% of Hispanics, and Asians at 61%, … even 45% of heterosexual white men feel pressure …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- How teams are structured today
- Teamwork types
- Promoting psychological safety
- Inclusion matters
- Creating success with local, virtual, and global teams
- Strategies for team leaders