Join Henna Inam for an in-depth discussion in this video Improve focus, part of Mindfulness Practices.
- Think about a piece of work you did, … a problem you solved, or a creative project … that you're really proud of. … How did you do it? … Chances are that it required periods of deep focus … when your mind was firing on all cylinders, … and the answers just seemed to flow. … We do our best work when we're in the state of focus. … Yet, we increasingly live in a world full of distractions … that demand our attention. … Imagine if you had the ability to find, … almost at will, states of deep focus and flow. … What could be possible for you? … Mindfulness training has been shown … to help you increase focus … because you train your brain … to bring your attention back to where you want it to stay. … Mindfulness has also been shown to impact creativity. … Albert Einstein famously said, … "We can't solve a problem by using … "the same thinking we used when we created it." … Mindfulness practice helps you observe your thoughts. … By doing this you can have insight … about how you're seeing a problem …
- Releasing stress
- Improving focus and creativity
- Finding meaning
- Cultivating joy
- Collaborating with difficult people
- Preparing for challenging conversations
- Being resilient after failure
- Facing fear
- Successfully handling change and crisis
Skill Level Beginner
Managing Depression in the Workplacewith Srini Pillay1h 3m Intermediate
Managing Stress for Positive Changewith Heidi Hanna57m 59s Intermediate
1. Lead Yourself
2. Lead Others
3. Lead in Challenging Times
Stay with your practice1m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.