During a time of crisis, it's easy to want to decrease social connection—but it is an incredibly therapeutic activity that can help you cope. In this video, learn how to improve your social connection with others.
- One of the biggest challenges right now … is how much uncertainty there is … and that can cause a great deal of anxiety. … It can also cause a variety … of other kinds of responses, including depression. … It can make people feel like they need to isolate … or that they need to overreact. … One of the keys to helping to metabolize adversity … is social connection … and so even while we are being called … to physically distance ourselves, … we need to stay socially connected. … And this is really important, … especially for organizations, … whether you're a staff person or a leader … is to figure out not only how do you work from home … but how do you stay connected? … So this can happen through social media, … it can happen through video conferencing and phone calls. … Organizations have figured out how … to remotely keep connected, … including having kind of water cooler times of the day … where you may jump online just to chat … about how the day's going at home … or things that don't relate to work …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Adopting an approach to manage uncertainty
- Identifying resistance to change
- Developing tools for self-care
- Distinguishing fact from fiction
- Building decision-making skills
- Identifying how stress is handled
- Developing methods for communication
- Finding a new rhythm
- Evaluating personal finances
- Gaining new perspectives
Skill Level Intermediate
Lessons in Enlightened Leadershipwith genConnectU56m 50s Intermediate
1. Embracing the Change Around You
2. Understanding What Is Going On
The historical context1m 58s
3. Managing Stress
4. Evaluating the Financial Impact
5. Adjusting Your Approach
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.