Learn how to plan, manage, and execute project procurements, including procurement contracts, and explore emerging trends such as rapid procurement.
- Have you ever had that feeling of doing a job well done? I'm talking about the kind of feeling that makes you want to stand up on the top of your desk and proclaim, I feel good! Okay, let's not get too carried away. After all, this is project procurement management we're talking about. While implementing successful procurement might not get you that emotionally charged, it's quite possible it'll put a perk in your step. As a project manager, sooner or later, you'll need to obtain goods and services from outside your organization. To make this happen, you'll have to work closely with your contract management team. The complex nature of procurements requires it. In this course, you'll learn best practices to accelerate your project performance. Also, you'll become knowledgeable about the emerging trends impacting project procurement management. It's your job to manage procurements, like a good real estate agent manages the home-buying process for the client. And you can only do this if you get what you need, when you need it, and within your budget. My name is Oliver Yarbrough, I'm an author, speaker, and trainer in project management and growth strategies to increase value. Join me on LinkedIn Learning as I walk you through the fundamentals of project procurement management. You'll discover why it's essential to project success, and more importantly, how you can successfully implement procurements on your projects.
- Describe the procurement manager’s role in the procurement process.
- Explore the essentials of good communication with vendors.
- Examine the steps in a contract change control system.
- Identify risks that might arise in a project.
- Define the purpose of a closeout meeting.