Discover some of the emerging technology you can use to streamline the way you solicit, receive, evaluate, and award opportunities. Also, learn about the advantages of using this technology.
- Modern procurements require modern technology. … Embracing this change is no longer optional. … Why, you ask? … Well, procurement management has a lot of moving parts, … and I do mean a lot. … How's a stretched-to-the-max, multitasking project manager … supposed to juggle it all? … Luckily, there are tools available to help you out. … Today, online tools can streamline the way you solicit, … receive, evaluate, and award opportunities. … Also, these same tools offer a repository, … where procurement documents can be stored, … advertised, and accessed when needed. … Dave Young, a senior executive at CenturyLink, … summed up this evolution best when he said, … "Really what we have to do is get in a new culture, … "a new rhythm around how we embrace technology, … "how we use technology, … "and it's not through contract change anymore. … "We've got to break that mold and move more toward … "understanding technology and how technology is adapting." … In other words, yesterday's technological innovations …
- Describe the procurement manager’s role in the procurement process.
- Explore the essentials of good communication with vendors.
- Examine the steps in a contract change control system.
- Identify risks that might arise in a project.
- Define the purpose of a closeout meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Integrationwith Oliver Yarbrough44m 25s Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore2h 7m Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
What to know before watching1m 27s
1. Procurement Management Overview
2. Common Procurement Pitfalls
3. Critical Procurement Success Factors
4. Procurement Management Processes
5. How to Implement Procurements
6. Emerging Trends: Project Procurement Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.