In this video, Dan addresses the huge risk to all employers around the issue of responsibility of personal identifiable information.
- If there is any one peril that might best define…21st century risk, it's identity theft.…I vividly remember growing up in the 1970s,…and watching movies about people…that were adept at pretending to be someone else.…They were masters of disguise and voice.…They were able to easily become someone else,…and nobody would suspect a thing.…Today, there are real life criminals…doing this every single day across the globe.…
Criminals are breaking into what would seem…to be inaccessible vaults in computer systems…and swiping personal identifiable information…of your unsuspecting employees, clients,…and other key stakeholders, including you.…Personal identifiable information…includes such things as social security numbers,…dates of birth, medical records,…driver's license numbers, bank account information,…and passport identification.…
Criminals use this information to become someone else,…to literally steal their identity.…They will then apply for loans,…get new credit cards, and steal money.…They can also wreak havoc on people…
- Recall the detrimental effects a BOT attack can have on a company’s customer database.
- Recognize which individuals companies frequently fail to include in mid-crisis actions.
- Determine how Google Alerts can help a company protect itself against threats.
- Identify a threat that is least likely to cause a company financial harm.
- Define “culture shock” in the context of business operations.
- Name a type of leader that often uses their position for personal prestige rather than performing their roles.
- Predict what will happen with business insurance as technology evolves.