Learn how to accomplish your career goals by starting at the end. In this video, learn to identify your long term-goals and then work backwards, pinpointing all the necessary milestones you will need to complete in order to accomplish your goals.
- With any project you take on in life, … whether it's work-related or not, … it's a good idea to begin at the end. … Now, that may seem like an odd place to start, … but bear with me. … This technique works. … It's been proven successful with hundreds of people … with whom I've worked. … The first thing you need to look at … is what's your goal. … Clearly identify it and work backwards, … defining all the milestones you'll need to hit … in order to reach it. … For example, let's say you currently work … in the office of an accounting firm … and your long-term goal is to become a business consultant. … Here are some questions to ask yourself, … and I suggest you begin at the core of your goal … in order to achieve maximum clarity. … Why do you want to be a business consultant? … In what field do you want to consult? … If I owned a business in that industry, … why would I pay you to advise me? … What kind of expertise and experience … do you have to offer? … I've worked with a lot of MBA students …
- Understanding the 21st-century workplace
- Identifying your monetizable passion
- Knowing how to interview well
- Managing your search for work
- Negotiating salary
- Becoming a lifelong learner