- Identify the components of an effective pay strategy for recruiting and keeping top talent.
- Define terminology used in the HR field regarding pay strategy.
- Describe ways to attract and keep talent in a tightening labor market.
- Review the uses of performance rating systems in the current job market.
- Explain how organizational pay strategies are evaluated.
Skill Level Advanced
- Designing a pay strategy that meets the ever-changing needs of organizations can be a daunting task, especially in today's complex work environments. Understanding the value of having a sound pay strategy has never been more important. As an HR leader, your role is to lead the efforts necessary to operationalize a pay strategy that's the underpinning of a meaningful employee value proposition and supports the organization in meeting its objectives. One of the best ways for you to stand out as an influential HR partner, is by being adept at the impact pay programs have on your organization and on your current and potential employees. I'm Lynne Prescott, I'm an HR executive with over 20 years of experience in both privately held and publicly traded Fortune 500 companies. I've designed and administered pay programs in organizations large and small, across multiple industries. I'll be your guide through this LinkedIn Learning course. Reflecting on my experience and lessons learned, we'll cover the bases on how you can create a pay strategy that meets the needs of your organization. We'll also focus on the links between pay and talent attraction, and the impact of pay on your employees and organization. Lastly, we'll walk through getting your pay strategy over the goal line. There's a lot to cover in this course, so let's get started on your journey.