First, find out about the types of videos we offer at Lynda.com, including in-depth software training, first looks at up-and-coming technology trends, courses to help you develop critical business skills, techniques for creative pros, and inspirational documentaries. Then get a demo of special library features such as bookmarks, playlists, notes, transcripts, certificates of completion, and FAQs, and learn where to turn for help when you need it. Plus, find out how to access Lynda.com on the go, using our mobile apps and offline viewing capabilities.
- Choosing a membership plan
- Finding the latest releases
- Downloading and using exercise files
- Searching the video transcripts
- Choosing the right video player
- Creating and sharing playlists
- Taking notes
- Printing and sharing certificates of completion
- Updating your member profile
- Changing or canceling your membership plan
- Contacting customer support
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] Hello and welcome to how to use lynda.com. Our goal is to help you learn the skills that you need to achieve your full potential. Whether you're an individual wanting to learn new skills, or part of an organization or school that is offering or assigning new content to watch, you can learn it here on lynda.com. Choose from any of our thousands of courses via individual instructional videos available on topics covering business, technology, and creative fields. Learn from our hundreds of authors who are recognized industry experts, and enjoy the flexibility to view lynda.com content anytime, anywhere with our offline viewing and mobile apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Roku, and Apple TV.
Throughout this introductory course, I, and other staff authors, will take a look at how you can get the most out of your membership. We'll start with a brief overview of the layout of the homepage, and how to navigate to courses and content you want to watch. We'll also cover the ins and outs of our custom video player, including how to control video playback options like speed controls, closed captioning, and the size of the video on your screen. We'll also look at some advanced features that we offer, including transcripts, how to bookmark videos, create playlists, take notes, use practice environments, manage your profile and interests to make it easier to find content and courses that are relevant to you.
Finally we'll walk you through some troubleshooting options and where to go if you have any questions you'd like to get answers to, or comments that you'd like to pass on to us. If you're not already a member of our site, that's no problem. You can still watch this entire course completely for free to understand how lynda.com can help serve your learning goals. We hope that you'll enjoy this course, and that you'll come back to it often as we continue to update our site and provide new and useful features. So, let's get started.