This video demonstrates how to use a calendar when setting up a meeting. This helps make meetings more productive.
- In many positions you often have to schedule … a meeting with someone else. … However, the back and forth … of you and the other person … trying to figure out a time to meet … can become a headache and a distraction. … Let's talk about a few things … to help scheduling meetings go a bit smoother. … First, try to schedule quick meetings. … Google Calendar has a built-in feature … for this called speedy meetings. … This automatically schedules, … rather than an hour meeting, a 50-minute meeting, … leaving 10 minutes of buffer space at the end. … Or rather than a half an hour meeting, a 25-minute meeting. … Whether or not you are using Google Calendar, … I recommend you make speedy meetings a common practice … when scheduling appointments with other people. … It will help you be more relaxed, … help give you transition time for the next meeting, … and help you both be more focused … during the time that you meet together. … Next, if you share a workplace with this person, … try to set things up …
- List one recommended tip to help schedule appointments more efficiently.
- Explain the benefits of delegating repetitive tasks.
- Identify how to estimate the length of a task.
- Recall a useful way to help focus your weekly planning.