In this video, learn about how to negotiate salaries and bonuses. Start by always being willing to walk away from the negotiation. Keep two numbers in mind before negotiating: a target salary and a bottom-line salary. Talk to people in your granular database who know the industry or company and ask what they pay. Consider the value of benefits, learning opportunities, and how the job will advance your career goals.
- Negotiating for anything, … a salary, a house, a car, whatever, … is actually a very simple process. … First rule, … be willing and prepared to walk away from the negotiation … with nothing, no deal. … If you absolutely have to cut a deal … you walk in at a disadvantage. … If you're desperate, … if you put yourself in a position … where if you don't get the job … or close the deal with the client, … you will not be able to meet your expenses, … you're finished before you've even begun. … You want to have the freedom to know … that if the deal doesn't work for you, … you can say thanks, walk away, … and know something better will turn up that you will accept. … In any negotiation, … have two numbers in mind before you begin. … What you want and what you're willing to live with. … For example, negotiating your salary for a new job. … Before your very first interview, … you want to have an idea of the salary range. … There are three ways to discover this. … One, the salary range has been included in the job posting. …
- Understanding the 21st-century workplace
- Identifying your monetizable passion
- Knowing how to interview well
- Managing your search for work
- Negotiating salary
- Becoming a lifelong learner