Building a brand takes time and money. It can be difficult to make room for it when you're also selling to and serving your clients. Here are some of the secrets that help you fit it all in—from scheduling tips to finding production resources.
- Let's say you launched a podcast.…You figured out this activity is working for you,…helping you build your brand, so you went for it.…Now in the beginning maybe you just recorded…on your phone or using a free service,…but now you're ready to commit for the long term.…Can you hire someone else to do the editing?…Can you use an admin or automated service…to schedule guests?…Your goal should be to spend your time…doing things that only you can do.…My point is as a solo consultant, efficiency is key.…
In order to make brand-building on of your habits,…you need to periodically assess…your brand-building activities…to see how they can be made more effective.…There are many resources that can make it easier.…You can hire people to help you with PR,…someone who will write regular press releases…and pitch you for articles and as a subject matter expert.…You can have a firm place branded ads,…and you can have an admin take your original content…and repurpose it for other channels:…transcribing your podcast for print,…
- Name an example of earned awareness.
- Determine how much time should be allocated toward building and adjusting brand channels.
- Identify the necessary traits of a thought leader.
- Recognize tasks that can be delegated to an assistant.
- Explain the differences between marketing and selling.