Leading global teams effectively can be challenging. Team members often don’t know each other well and are separated by physical distance, time zones, language, and culture. Learn what can leaders of global teams do to overcome these challenges and lead their global teams.
- Global business teams play one of the most crucial roles…in how multinational companies operate.…To illustrate this,…take the case of a global advertising agency…serving a global client such as IBM.…The client needs to project a consistent message…around the world but the actual execution…must be localized in every country.…The agency manages this project…by setting up a global account team.…
The team leader sits in New York City.…Most of the team members are distributed around the globe.…Leading global teams effectively…can be particularly challenging.…This is so because team members…often don't know each other well…and are separated by physical distance,…time zones, language and culture.…These factors significantly increase…the risk of miscommunication, misunderstanding and mistrust.…
What can leaders of global teams do…to overcome these challenges?…First, if at all possible,…start with one or more face-to-face meetings.…These will play a crucial role…in helping team members get to know each other as people…rather than just names with official roles.…
- Identify the benefits and challenges of globalization.
- Determine how to connect with each local market.
- Explore relevant tips for managing global teams across cultures.
- Examine way to manage and share knowledge across the globe.
- Recognize how to build a company’s brand as a global employer.
- Outline helpful tips on the best ways to manage an expatriate’s assignment.
- Explore the fundamentals of establishing a one-company culture across the globe.
- Determine how to cultivate a global mindset.