Effective communication is essential to any successful relationship. Learn why communication matters and how to build habits that enable you to communicate more effectively.
- So research says that 85% of employees are dissatisfied…with the level of communication in their workplace.…So the first question that I would ask you is,…do you know what kind of a leader you are?…Are you a compassionate leader?…Are you a direct leader?…Or are you a compassionately direct leader?…And often, that self-reflection,…or that self-awareness, isn't easy.…We may think we're something, but we may not be that.…
And how do we know?…Often we have to go gather feedback.…We have to go to our colleagues, our peers,…the people who report to us, and the people we report to…and ask for compassionately direct feedback.…So you can start to find out where do you play in this.…As a leader, the responsibility that you have…is to your own self-growth.…If you don't go on the journey of self-growth,…then you can't expect anybody in your team…to be on that journey.…
If you're not willing to learn, to grow,…to challenge yourself, to even be uncomfortable,…because growth only happens in the uncomfortable moments,…then you can't expect anyone else on your team to do that.…
- Recognize the benefit of employees working within a culture of compassionate directness.
- Identify the drawbacks of a culture of directness compared to a culture of compassionate directness.
- Identify the qualities of mindful communication.
- List the components that make up trust in a business environment.
- Recall the positive end result for business operations when a company builds a culture of compassionate directness.