Learn how to be skillful at building a one-company culture by choosing the key features where the company’s identity must cut across countries. These common features help employees across countries see what unites them and also what makes the company unique.
- Every global company needs to accomplish…two disparate goals at the same time.…The first is to understand and respond…to the immense diversity across its markets.…The second is to manage the company…as a cohesive organization.…Excelling at diversity but not cohesion…will result in a fragmented company…that cannot capture the benefits of global scale and scope.…
On the other hand, excelling at cohesion…but not diversity will prevent the company…from winning locally in any market.…The way out of this dilemma is to be skillful…at building a one-company culture…by wisely choosing those key features…where the company's identity must cut across countries.…These common features help employees…across countries see what unites them…and also what makes the company unique.…
Here is how corporate leaders can help…build a one-company culture.…First, you need to distinguish between core versus context.…Core refers to those elements of the company's business,…it's strategy, brand names, logos,…systems and processes, codes of conduct, and culture…
- Identify the benefits and challenges of globalization.
- Determine how to connect with each local market.
- Explore relevant tips for managing global teams across cultures.
- Examine way to manage and share knowledge across the globe.
- Recognize how to build a company’s brand as a global employer.
- Outline helpful tips on the best ways to manage an expatriate’s assignment.
- Explore the fundamentals of establishing a one-company culture across the globe.
- Determine how to cultivate a global mindset.