Learn how to explain why kindness is a great tool in improving time management. This increases motivation, focus, and productivity.
- Few people would degree with the idea … that being kind is a good thing to do. … But what if I told you it's also a productive thing to do? … The words that you use and the tone of voice … that you use when you say those words … can have a direct influence on your time management. … First, let's consider the alternative. … We've all seen something like this, … or perhaps experienced it firsthand. … You're dining at a restaurant, … another diner is extremely rude and condescending … to the person serving them. … As a result, the server decides to take … a little extra time because they were offended. … Perhaps they get something incorrect in the order. … As a result, the rude person gets their food slower, … and perhaps it's incorrect. … Now, one might argue the server should be a professional … and do their best in spite of their customer's behavior. … To a degree, this is true. … However, even if they did their best, … their performance time and ability … are likely to decrease … because of the negative physiological reaction …
- Explain how you should respond when your boss asks you to finish something ASAP.
- Identify the best way to approach the end of a meeting when the time schedule for the meeting is nearly gone.
- List the details that should be present in a well-worded voicemail message related to a task at work.
- Identify the most productive use of text messaging at work.
- Explain how you can use a portable inbox to manage business cards you receive.