Listening is one of the most powerful ways you connect with your customers. Get five techniques you can use to start listening to your customers today. From slowing the pace of the sale to not interrupting, see these techniques put into practice in a role play.
- Years ago, I had a mentor by the name of Marcia.…Marcia was working with me to up my sales game,…to go after bigger customers, and bigger sales.…I was excited and scared to death at the same time.…Marcia had me focusing on CEOs of Fortune 500 companies…and other top-level executives.…I was worried I'd get in front of them…and say the wrong thing…or not have the information they wanted.…When I told Marcia,…I'll never forget the advice she gave me, she said,…"Just be present.…
"Don't think about your next question,…"don't let your mind wander,…"don't even let yourself think you won't know what to say,…"just be present and listen."…Marcia was so right, listening, being quiet,…it is one of the most powerful ways…you connect with and understand your customers.…When we listen to our prospects fully,…two amazing things happen.…First, they will tell us exactly what they need…which tells us exactly what we need to sell,…when to sell it, and how to sell it, but secondly,…and more importantly, when we listen,…we send a strong message to our prospect that says,…
- What are soft skills?
- Why soft skills matter in sales
- Connecting with your customer
- Developing your emotional intelligence for sales
- Collaborating effectively with your team
- Being confident in your sales decisions
- Building your empathy muscle in sales
- Integrating soft sales skills with hard sales skills
- Leveraging storytelling in sales