Learn why millennials are different, what they contribute to the workforce, and why retaining millennial talent is imperative to staying competitive.
- Whenever I talk about the millennials the reactions range from enthusiasm to eye rolls. So why do we care so much about this age group? - Well people born in the eighties and nineties now make up the largest generation in the workforce. And they're not just your employees. They're your future employees and they're your customers. So how do you find and keep the best millennial talent and how do you grow them into future leaders? - I'm Lisa McLeod. - And I'm Elizabeth McLeod. - Together we have 30. - Five. - Years of experience. - I'm a millennial. I've worked in advertising, corporate America, restaurants, and non-profits. I've worked for some incredible leaders and some not so incredible ones. I'm partnering with Lisa, my mom and business partner on this course to give you both perspectives. The millennial perspective and that of the leader. - Now I'm a leadership expert and I work with major organizations like Google and Hoot Suite and Rosch and we help them increase emotional engagement which is what drives performance. So through this course Elizabeth and I are going to be role playing to give you some real world examples. Now I know the stereotypes. The millennials have been called the special snowflakes. - Okay, okay, we did get a trophy for everything. - They did, but don't let those stereotypes fool you. We've helped our clients harness the power of the millennials and their businesses have exploded. Because you see as a leader you have a choice. You can be the boss who complains about the younger generation or you can be the leader who looks the future in the eye and harnesses the power of the millennials to be successful.
- Identify information that should be included in job expectations.
- Determine the best ways to engage millennials in face-to-face meetings.
- Explain how to provide effective performance feedback.
- Recognize incentives that will increase retention rates.
- List three signs of employee disengagement.