It's easier to live up to your full potential at work when your own finances are in order. Explore which company finance concepts can make your personal finances healthier.
- The world of business finance can seem…complicated and jargonistic,…but at the core you'll find fundamental concepts…that can be enormously useful to you personally.…Remember, just like a business,…having a solid personal financial base can enable you…to take the risks you need to take…to reach your goals and succeed long term.…Here are four concepts,…taken from business financial practices…that can help you build your financial future.…Growth is the life blood of most businesses.…
It's the benchmark of success.…A growing top and bottom line…shows positive momentum for business,…just like it does for you.…In your life, top line growth means that you have…more money coming in now than last quarter or last year.…Bottom line growth means that…you're keeping more of your money,…not as profits but as savings.…The second thing you want to do is build value.…A business reinvests its profit in research and development…or in people to help them grow long term.…
You can put your savings to work through investing,…whether it's through the stock market,…
- Explain how understanding your company’s finances will help you as an employee.
- Identify how you can help drive revenue if you do not work in sales.
- List the key things to look for when setting terms with suppliers.
- State why it is important to understand key accounting concepts and success measures.
- Explain what an income statement can tell you.