Learn about how to discretely assist others with being more productive, and discover how when a person works with others who are inefficient, a domino effect is created.
- Some individuals are blessed to be … what I call focus masters. … These are individuals who have never had any issue … with time management whatsoever. … The biggest challenge for these people … is the disorganization of everyone else around them. … I'd like to provide a few tips for you focus masters … to help you find a little more patience and guidance … with how to deal with the struggles of others. … First, be understanding of others. … Most people are struggling with time management. … In fact, when I speak I usually do a straw poll … of the audience and find that 95% of them or more … are having significant time management challenges. … Just having that expectation in your mind … will perhaps help you be more patient with others. … Second, provide a clear when. … And when I say when, I mean, when you ask someone … to do something give them a deadline, … give them a date of when you expect it from them. … And if they ask you to do something, … ask the same from them, when do they want that from you? …
- Identify the end goal of a one-on-one meeting.
- Explain how to follow up after delegating a task to a team member.
- Recall one question you can ask to reduce unnecessary meetings.
- Identify the best way to approach a situation where a coworker is disorganized and struggles with time management.
- Give an example of advice you could offer a new manager concerning time management.