In this video, observe public speaking coaching in the area of hand gestures.
- We've gone over many exercises and techniques … throughout the course. … Now, I want to show you how this looks in real life. … Let's look at some one-on-one coaching sessions … and notice how quickly these small easy changes … can help us communicate with confidence. … Cori, let's hear you present. … - Okay. … So when developing an online course, … the first thing that you'll want to consider … is whether the course is synchronous, asynchronous, or both. … From there, you want to choose which technologies … you might want to use to deliver the course. … And there are a lot of variables to consider. … One of the variables that you might want to consider … is who your audience is, what technologies they have, … and how much time they have to dedicate towards the course. … - That was very nice. … Okay, let's lose the paper now. … - Okay. - Okay. … And I want to try something. … One of the ways to bring out inflection in our voice … is to use strong hand gestures. … Because you have a tendency, …
- Organizing your thoughts
- Speaking slowly, naturally, and confidently
- Breathing properly
- Using your body to reinforce speech
- Managing facial expressions
- Handling nervousness
- Voice modulation, eye contact, and gestures
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Be a Better Communicator
2. Honing Your Message
3. Say It Like You Mean It
4. Look Like You Mean It
5. Confronting Anxiety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.