Join Henna Inam for an in-depth discussion in this video Grow self-confidence, part of Mindfulness Practices.
- Self-confidence is a feeling of trust in ourselves, … our abilities, and our judgment. … We need it to feel good about ourselves. … We also need it to voice what matters, … to take risks, to be resilient in failure, … and to progress toward our goals. … Mindfulness practice has been shown … to increase self-confidence among children in schools, … as well as among adults. … This is not the kind of self-confidence … that makes us think we're superior to others. … It's the kind where we're grounded in who we are. … We accept ourselves fully, including both our strengths … and our weaknesses. … In my book Wired for Authenticity, … I share how accepting ourselves fully … helps us be both more authentic and more agile. … Our self-confidence grows over time and with practice, … but there are mindfulness practices we can experiment with … to feel more confident in the moment. … We can practice certain mind-body techniques … to relax ourselves and connect with the part of ourselves … that is self-confident. …
- Releasing stress
- Improving focus and creativity
- Finding meaning
- Cultivating joy
- Collaborating with difficult people
- Preparing for challenging conversations
- Being resilient after failure
- Facing fear
- Successfully handling change and crisis
Skill Level Beginner
Managing Depression in the Workplacewith Srini Pillay1h 3m Intermediate
Managing Stress for Positive Changewith Heidi Hanna57m 59s Intermediate
1. Lead Yourself
2. Lead Others
3. Lead in Challenging Times
Stay with your practice1m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.